Late Breaking Abstract Submission Phase
Due to high demand, a second abstract submission phase for late breaking submissions has been opened. You can submit your abstracts until 28 February, 23.59 CET - start your submission.
Please note that grant applications cannot be accepted at this point.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Abstract Submission Deadline: Wednesday, 28 February 2022, 23:59 CET
- Abstract Submission Deadline: 28 February 2022, 23:59 CET
- information on acceptance or rejection of all abstracts will be sent out in March 2022
- Withdrawal Deadline: abstracts can be withdrawn until 14 days after notification on acceptance
- the abstract word limit is max. 250 words per abstract
- you can select your preference for poster or oral presentation. If you select oral presentation, your abstract will be considered for a session or an oral poster session in the topic of your choice*
- the title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study and have no full stop at the end
- the abstract must include the following: Background, Objectives, Methods and Results
- no identifying features such as names of authors, hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities may be listed in the title or abstract text
- you will be asked to enter the name(s) of author(s) and their institution(s), when you submit your abstract online
- all abbreviations must be defined in first use
- It is not possible to add italics to Latin names within the abstract title
It is the responsibility of all investigators that all studies are performed with respect to national legislation, international legislation and ethical guidelines both with regards to humans and animals. The FEMS 2022 Belgrade Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject any submitted abstract that is believed to violate these principles.
*The number of oral presentations is limited. The Scientific Committee will select abstracts for oral presentations.
Presenting author and registration
- the presenting author must register as an active participant at the congress at the latest by 11 April 2022 (i.e. the early registration deadline)
- the Conference Secretariat reserves the right to exclude any abstract that is not followed by a participant registration at the latest by 11 April 2022 (i.e. the early registration deadline)
How to submit
Your FEMS Profile
All abstracts must be submitted online via the conference website. In order to submit your abstract, you need a FEMS profile/account. Please create an account here or login with your credentials here. Please make sure that your contact data is correct so the Conference Secretariat can contact you with questions and eventually with the results of your submission.
You can find the abstract submission in your FEMS profile:
- Login to your FEMS profile here.
- Click on the Announcement - 'Abstract submissions for FEMS Conference on Microbiology are now live'
- Fill in the form and submit
Please have a look at this video for a step-by-step guide to the abstract submission system:
- after submitting your abstract, you will receive a confirmation email containing the next steps and deadlines for your submission
- if you would like to make changes to your abstract, please do so until the abstract submission deadline; after the deadline, no changes can be accepted anymore
- abstracts can be withdrawn until 14 days after notification on acceptance
- the Conference Scientific Committee will review all abstracts and select the format of presentation
- information on acceptance or rejection of all abstract as well as grant submissions will be sent out in March 2022